Car Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
SHOULD MY KINDERGARTNER RIDE THE SCHOOL BUS IN THE MORNINGS?
YES, *ONLY* IF ...your kindergarten child is signed up for Early Start Spanish or Bridge (part of the BAC program). These programs meet from 7:50am-8:50am everyday.***
If your kindergarten child is NOT signed up for Early Start Spanish or Bridge, then your child will need to be an 8:50 AM car rider in the mornings.
Kindergarten car riders may arrive between 8:50 AM-9:00 AM at door 1 (main entrance). A car rider line will form facing west in front of the building. Mrs. Kay, Mrs. Karnuta, or Mrs. Raycroft will signal for students to exit the cars and enter the building. Please make sure all students exit on the passenger/sidewalk side of the car.
Walkers/Bike Riders (with parents/guardians) that are not signed up for Early Start Spanish or Bridge, will also enter door 1 between 8:50 AM-9:00 AM.
If you would like your child to be signed up for Bridge or Early Start Spanish, please click on the following links:
- Bridge: https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/grow_childcare_services
- Early Start Spanish: https://programs.zionsvilleeaglerec.com/secure-a-spot-for-early-start-spanish.cfm
KINDERGARTEN CAR RIDER INFORMATION
Drop off / Pick up Times for Kindergarten Car Riders:
- Kindergarten - Drop-off times are 8:50 AM-9:00 AM - Drop off at door 1.
- Kindergarten - Pick-up times are 2:30 PM-2:35 PM - Pick up is on the west side of the building and by the softball fields. A car line will form going west and wrapping around the front of the building towards the softball fields. Please display student name. Once all cars have stopped, we will release the students to load into their cars on the passenger side. Please stay in your vehicle and please do not park in the lot and walk through traffic. Safety is always our priority.
GRADES 1-4 CAR RIDER INFORMATION
Drop off / Pick up Times for Grades 1-4 Car Riders:
- 1st-4th Grades - Drop-off times are 7:50 AM-8:00 AM - Drop off at door 1. You do not need to be directly in front of the door to drop off students. If students arrive prior to 7:50, they can wait in the vestibule area until the bell rings. Please do not drop off prior to 7:45 am. Students can exit the vehicle on the curb side anywhere between the adult supervisors. This will allow for increased traffic flow.
- 1st-4th Grades - Pick-up times are 2:30 PM-2:35 PM - Pick up is on the west side of the building and by the softball fields. A car line will form going west and wrapping around the front of the building towards the softball fields. Please display student name. Once all cars have stopped, we will release the students to load into their cars on the passenger side. Please stay in your vehicle.Do not park in the lot and walk through traffic. Safety is always our priority.
*NEW* PRESCHOOL PROCEDURES
- Preschool - Drop-off times are 8:05 AM-8:15 AM - Drop off at door 2 (on west side of building).You will drive west in front of the school. At the stop sign, turn right and pull along the curb (you will now be facing north). Preschool staff will assist in getting students out of the car. Please be sure the car seat is on the curb side.
- Preschool - Pick-up times are 2:45 PM -2:55 PM- Pick up at door 2 (on the west side of the building). You will drive west in front of the school. At the stop sign, turn right and pull along the curb (you will now be facing north). A preschool staff member will assist in getting your student in the car. You may then pull up (parallel the softball fields, facing west) to secure your child. Please stay in your vehicle.
What if I am picking up a preschooler and an elementary student?
You have 2 options. You can either go through the car rider line twice (once for your elementary student at 2:30, then again for preschool at 2:45) OR you can park to meet your elementary student in the office, then return to your vehicle and get in the preschool car rider line at 2:45.
Preschool students will not be dismissed to the office or picked up from their classrooms. If being picked up at 2:45, they will go through the car rider line. We do not have the available staff to accommodate both options simultaneously.
DROP OFF MAPS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Bus route information was sent via email on August 1, 2019, from the transportation department.
LATE DROP OFFS
What do I do if my child is late to school?
PK-4 Students: If your child is late to school for any reason, please park your car and walk your child to the main office. Our administrative assistants will unlock the doors for you and will ask you to sign your child in for the late arrival.
EARLY PICK UPS
What do I do if I need to pick up my child early from school?
PK-4 Students: If your child will need to be picked up early from school, please call the attendance line. You will also need to send a note to the teacher. Please keep in mind that emails may not be read during the school day as teachers are working with children and not always able to check emails throughout their busy day.
Please park your car and walk to the main office. Once inside the office, our administrative assistants will call your child down to the office for the early dismissal. We appreciate your support!